Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surf's Up BABY SHOWER

So I am throwing my friend a baby shower in 2 weeks and I am so excited I have been making all kinds of decorations for it!! You know me, I tend to go a little overboard sometimes...

The baby's nursery will have a beach/Hawaiian theme so I wanted to keep the baby shower along the same lines... but I really didn't want to do a Luau... So it's beach/surfing themed!!

Here are the invitations- I made them with a new stamp set that I got from my Close To My Heart consultant. (The palm tree and birds on the envelope are from a different stamp set). I used the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic stuff to make the surf boards glossy and thick.
So cute right?!





I saw an origami pineapple on this awesome lady's blog (here) and I totally thought they would be so cute for the baby shower!

So here are the Pineapple decorations- I think I might hang them, or I could put them in a large bowl for a table centerpiece. What do you think?




I learned how to make them from this YouTube video. In case you want to make some for your own upcoming parties!! I used scrapbook paper instead of origami paper, since that's what I have laying around.

2 comments:

Janean said...

So cute...I love the pineapples!!! Wish I could be there!

Unknown said...

Love the pineapples!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails